Saturday, July 30, 2005

and so it ends...for now.

ok note to self... when traveling i must remeber to take care of my health and not put off a day off in the name of partying with the locals... I was laid out for 24 hours in my bed yesturday with the flu and extremely bad stomach issues... I think i was out of bed for a total of 30 min to eat a little (what i could hold down) and check my email. I'm on metro and cypro and feeling better today.. though my energy level is a little low. I'm kind of mad that i don't have the neergy to go crazy on my last day in india but having a few days to take it easy at the end of a hard journey is a good thing. I was talking to a fellow traveller the other day who has been all over the world (everywhere from guatamala to loas to japan, etc) and he said that India more then any other country is a hard country that rapes your body, mind, and spirit. If you can handle traveling here you can make it anywhere. I'll admit, this IS a hard country.. the mass poverty and the seeming diregard by the locals, the extremity of life here, and the tendency for natural disasters (since i have been in the country there has been a 7.2 eathquake and MAJOR flooding in several cities.. luckilly(for me and not for others) all have been pretty far away) all play in exact tension with the extreme beauty, history, and moment of joy that can be found.
So anyway, i'm headed to the airport tonight with a 9 hour flight to london, a 5 hour lay over, and then a 6 hour flight to Toronto. With the time difference it will all be in the same daya nd i'll be in TO at 230 in the afternoon ET Not sure how i'm getting to my brothers from the airport.. but i'm sure things will work out.

When i get back to Canda i'll finally post more pictures as I havn't been able to since Kulkuta... ive taken over 500 pics here... thank God for digital cameras..hehe

so i'm outti...

No comments: