Thursday, July 28, 2005

the last couple of days have been good.

well i'm feeling a little better.. but i'm drained and need to rest.. owell... i'll get some sleep when i get back to Canada... but i warn you... the posts from this point on until i get back are going to be less and less coherant...

Working round the scams and the pitfalls in agra by yourself is like a game of chess. Sometimes you win and sometimes you loose and everything depends on thew skill of the player. I will admit.. i got scamed out of a few rubees .. but i also won a few times. At one point even made a bet with a rickshow driver how wanted me to dirve with him.. not only did i end up not having to take his cart.. he had to buy me a coke. On the other hand i got suckered by a different driver later on into going to see a shop.. and ended up wasteing an hour not buying anything (money is low) while a man tried desperately to convince me i needed to buy an over priced carpet.

Later in tyhe day I met 2 girls who I had volunteered with in Kulkuta and though one was leaving that night the other had no plans so after supper we headed to a local place and spent the night drinking chai and playing chess.

The next day I headed to jaipur, the city surrouned by small mountains... Unfortunatly, my train was late and so all I had was the evening.. The cool think is that I spent the night hanging out with locals who refused to let me pay for my food or my beer... after long conversations and random games I finally got to bed around 2.

Today has been good. I slept in for the first time since ive been in india and breakfast was at 10 with the locals i had met the night before. After a local guide took me around th epink city and then we headed to a monkey sunb god temple just outside the city. There were SO many monkeys that at one point an entire herd of monkeys crossed the my walking bath like I was standing at a cross walk. This afternoon I head to a few local forts and then tongiht before heading to the train station i'm meeting up with some locals for a bit of a house gathering. Should be good...

on a side note.. ive heard what has happened south of here in mumbai.. i really hope the rain stops soon... to many people have died already. I have only been minorly inconvieniced..the banks connected to monbai (like mine) are not working so i'm alosmt out of money...but all is well for me

i hope things get better for the victems there...

No comments: