Wednesday, June 29, 2005

day 1 in Kalkuta...the longest day in life...

o man.. so tired..
don't mind if this entry
So my day started monday morning as I got ready for the flight... then 20 hours of flying later (with a 4 hour layover and a 9 and a 1/2 hour time change) I found myself at the airport in Kalkuta at 5am surrounded with enough humidity to fill a stadium. Then came the taxi ride of death.. it was AWOSME.. there are no rules fo the road, no right side of the street or right of way... you just go as fast as you can wherever you can and try not to hit people or the random cows,pigs and goats the run around playing in the streets. We had orientation today at the mother house and tomorrow is a recoup from jet lag day... I believe we start volunteering on fri and if you want to find me i'l be at daya dan in the morning (working with disabled children) and kaligat in the afternoon (working with the dying)
anyway.. i'm not coherant right now.... so i'm off... need sleep

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck! as silly as it may seem, a part of me wishes i could travel to india. stay safe.