Wednesday, February 20, 2008

So ive discovered that i'm not that great at being single.... or rather not that great at picking up at clubs or the like. The funny thing is that the old saying is true, when one is content happiness finds you and when one is looking it is like one is in a canoe with a hole, no paddle and a gator near by... There I was thinking that she was enjoying talking about existential fiction along side traveling tales.. that my lack of dancing skills was minuet in spite of the conversation.. only to find out later that she was just humoring me... Of course a bar is not exactly the place you would think intellectualism would fly, but in the very attempt i shows my awkwardness. I’m sure that if I HAD been in the position to be witty I could not have been.... And so the joke is rather that I’m like a limping cat in a dog show as of late...
Now, I’m not looking for pity here. Of course I know that the moment I’m ok with being single again i’ll have met someone or someone else will be back in my life or whatnot... I guess I’m just restless and miss having someone to wake up to without wondering if they will be there again... Ironically, it seems that once the opportunity comes for just that I seem to run and hide.... If there is a shrink out there reading this I’m sure I have a "commitment issues" comment coming... But truth is, I’m just waiting for someone worth dying for.... or maybe something worth living for.. Even for just a day...

No comments: