Sunday, March 16, 2008

Hitting up my scetchiest study ever.

a Long string of bad luck and i find myself really strapped for cash. To be fair, it is my own fault. I returned from Japan with my credit cards 3/4 paid off but between Christmas spending, apartment set up, and my high tolerance and general generosity when i drink and the holes in my pockets i found myself with no food money. Then came the dry spout of studies, and unexpected bills. When i actually got into a study i developed the stomach flu and couldn't even leave my bed let alone join the study. So, despite my better judgment i recently entered into a sketchier study.


At first it didn't sound that sketchy. Its for a new high dose THC based drug for cancer patients who have an immunity to the lower doses. The negative part is that I have no such immunity and neither do the other study participants. Here's the sketchy part. I am in the 5th group to do this study and in all 4 groups before me there have been some crazy ass side effects. I have a 1/4 chance of getting the highest dosage and of those who have gotten it there have been only a few that have managed no bad side effects. most have puked for days, a couple went to the hospital, and atleast 1 person i know of went temporarily clinically insane. I start the study in the morning and i'm a little nervous. After this study i definitely cannot get myself into this situation again. But, with the 2300 i'm making in the next 5 days at least ill have a jump on things.


On the other hand, if I see any talking rabbits i'll be sure to tell you guys next time i get a chance to get online....

wish me luck.

No comments: